The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme.
And November has arrived and October sure went by quickly. Honestly, I’m a little nervous to see how the beginning of this month goes with everything going on. Pleaseeeeee, let there be a little light to this month, pleaseeeeeeee.
Yessss, my blog has a new theme and I said farewell to the lavender color that I’m still very much in love with. But I love changing things around on my blog page, if there’s any issues at all, feel free to let me know so I can fix it.
The most productive I’ve been this week was FINALLY cleaning our office. My husband and I have been sharing a long desk space and I managed to get lucky with the restocks at Ikea, so I now have my own desk. My desk is closer to the window since the natural light in our home isn’t amazing and I crave it. Since it’s a long desk, I have the other half of my desk set up for my bookstagram shots. I still have a bunch of stacks just sitting on my floor with no idea what I want to do about it. I’m a bit picky about bookshelves, but I’ll do some shopping around and see if there’s any that catch my eye.
I’ve mentioned it previously, but I’m currently pregnant with our second child and it has been unbelievably exhausting. However, this week was probably the first time where I’ve had some kind of semblance of energy. And that’s definitely helped in trying to get things done around the house. I have a huge painting project to tackle in the main bedroom, the more I put it aside, it’s becoming unlikely that I’ll actually do it. I have a chalkboard in the kitchen that has a list of all the projects that I intend to do before the new year, but it’s really ambitious. So wish me luck.
A couple of days ago, I shared my October recap and it was actually a really great month of reading.
I’ve got two months left to achieve my netgalley goal of a 60% feedback ratio, so I’m hoping to get through some of my backlisted ARCs to reach to my goal.
I’m close to reaching my Goodreads Challenge of 170 books, I’m at 166, but I still need to update it. Sooo, I might have reached it already.
Books I’ve Read This Week
- Boyfriend Material [rating stars=”three-half-stars”] – I snagged the ALC off of Libro.fm and it was an OK read for me. These two frustrated me so much and I wasn’t a fan of the supporting characters at all. They’re kind of horrible people, definitely not one’s I’d want to be friends with.
- Crown of One Hundred Kings [rating stars=”four-stars”] (REVIEW) – This is a new YA fantasy by Rachel Higginson and I really enjoyed this one. A little low on the romance, but there’s definitely more to come with this series.
- Rule of a Kingdom [rating stars=”two-half-stars”] – I was half invested in this one, I’ve enjoyed some of the previous books from Rina Kent’s Royal Elite series and this one is a spin-off with the father of one of the character’s from that series. I’m sure I’ll read it eventually, but I’m going to shelve this duet for now.
- The Power of Hades [rating stars=”two-half-stars”] (on Kindle Unlimited) – This was my first read for the #PNRreadathon and I wasn’t quite a fan of this one, but naturally I’m curious, so I picked up the second book from this series. It wasn’t at all what I expected to be and there was just about zero romance in this one. I’m almost to the 50% of book 2 and it’s just about the same.
- Queen Takes Knights [rating stars=”two-half-stars”] (on Kindle Unlimited) – Wasn’t quite a fan of this one too, maybe it was my mood, but I was kind of bored with the storyline. It was intriguing, but it’s novella length and book 1 of a series. I don’t think I’ll continue with this series.
Currently Listening To
I snagged the ALC from the Libro.fm influencer program and I’m enjoying it so far. I’m only a few chapters in, hoping for a bit more down time so I can get back into this fantasy read.
What’s up next on the tbr?
I’m going to be doing a bit of mood reading this week. I have a couple of ARCS from last week that I need to catch up on, but I’m not really up for reading them right now. It’s going to be a bit of a funky week with everything going on. And I’m honestly a little nervous/anxious for what’s to come later this week.
Thought I’d share some music I love listening to, we have an Amazon Echo and the main reason why we got it was because I just wanted to always have music at the ready everywhere in my house. Lo-Fi music has been the one thing I’ve constantly listened to lately. It’s great background music if you’re doing stuff around the house or writing up blog post/book reviews.
I’ve been playing this playlist all day and if you want chill music with amazing beats, give this playlist a try.
I know this coming week is going to anxious one for everyone especially in the US. Do what you need to do for yourself. I’m so anxious and nervous, and honestly want this week to just fly by. I’m not going to stress myself over what books to read, but definitely going to take each day as it comes. So don’t mind if there won’t be many posts this week.
Hope you all had an amazing weekend and may the rest of the week be the same!
This post contains affiliate/referral links. A small commission is received if a purchase is made.